Keeping Everton in Our City

KEIOC Discussion Forum
It is currently Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: After the Kirkby decision
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:22 pm 

Firstly I would like to express my deep gratitude and respect for KEIOC and the campaign they have fought. I cannot expressenough my admiration for the efforts you have gone to enough.

If (and I understand the decision comes tomorow) Kirkby is rejected I would like to ask that KEIOC and other fan groups come together to discuss at the earliest opportunity the formation of a pressure group dedicated to exposing once and for all what is going on at our club.

Liverpool's SOS organisation has exposed the truth behind the ownership of LFC by Hicks & Gillett and every aspect of that clubs ownership and to whom they owe money to is out in the open.

I want to see a similar concern shown with Sir Philip Green's obvious running of our club by proxy of Robert Earl, with Bill Kenwright as the puppet figurehead.

The most high profile statement that KEIOC will ever make will be in their reaction to Kirkby (we hope) being knocked back. It will be on every Sports news channel and in every paper. I urge KEIOC to add a line to their statement asking for clairfication of Sir Philip Green's role in all this.

I hope that would then trigger a media investigation.

Post subject: Re: After the Kirkby decision
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:04 am 
Site Admin

TBH I think that any pressure group or action group directed at the board would have to be a new group that is a separate entity from KEIOC who were formed to push for a better stadium alternative than Kirkby, which I think should remain their aim and all the potential sites that aim takes in. To turn the group into one that's going against the board of Everton would be a turn of purpose and direction and also not be constructive when/if the group seeks dialogue with the club in the future over the subject of Everton's next steps in their search for a solution to a new home.